Non-surgical Fat Reduction
Laser lipolysis is a form of cosmetic energy that makes use of laser energy for changing the appearance and shape of the body. There are many kinds of lipolysis that involve radio wave treatments and injections. However, laser lipolysis is the most common technique.
Smaller fat deposits are targeted by lipolysis on specific body parts. You are a good candidate for this procedure if you have fatty tissue on the hips, abdomen, buttocks, or thighs that you want to get rid of.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Suzanne Quardt (Dr. Q) provides laser lipolysis for non-surgical fat reduction to patients in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Beverly Hills, CA, and surrounding locations.
Comparison with Other Fat Removal Techniques
These are a few benefits of laser lipolysis over other procedures:
- Little risk of infection at the treated area
- Minimal risk of scarring
- Shorter recovery period as compared to other procedures (normal activities can be resumed after a week)
Lipolysis makes use of lasers for breaking fat cells apart. It reduces the volume of fatty tissue and tightens the skin in the area. Your skin may appear tighter and smoother than before. Overall, lipolysis offers similar benefits to other fat removal techniques.
The procedure makes use of lasers that are safe for clinical use and don’t pose a big risk to burning the skin. Scarring is minimal with little risk of infection at the treated area.
There are several advantages of laser lipolysis over cosmetic procedures, such as liposuction. It can be performed in-office and involves a shorter recovery period. You should be able to resume your regular activities after a few days.
Laser Lipolysis Procedure
The procedure generally takes an hour and you will be awake the entire time. Only a single session is required in most cases. Sometimes, lipolysis is performed in combination with conventional liposuction. This can add to the recovery process and duration. Speak with your doctor about what to expect.
Your laser lipolysis appointment will be something like this:
- You will be prepped in a sterile environment and given a sterile gown or scrubs to wear
- The treatment provider will inject a local anesthetic in the injection site
- A tiny incision will be made by the doctor at the site of unwanted fat deposits. In some cases, it is the size of just a millimeter.
- Laser will be inserted by the doctor under the top layer of the skin through the tiny incision. They will move the laser back and forth from different angles under the skin. You may feel a cooling or heating sensation at this time. However, you won’t feel discomfort because of the anesthesia.
Recovery after Laser Lipolysis
Fat deposits broken down by the laser are gradually vacuumed out or massaged out of the body. This depends on the amount of melted fat that needs to be removed. You should be able to get up and walk around at home within a day after the procedure.
You can expect to resume your full normal activities after about a week. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Suzanne Quardt receives patients from Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Beverly Hills, CA, and nearby areas for laser lipolysis for non-surgical fat reduction.
Contact Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Suzanne Quardt (Dr. Q) in Rancho Mirage, California
To learn more about the plastic surgery treatments and procedures performed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Suzanne Quardt (Dr. Q) please contact us at 760-324-2660. To learn more about Dr. Q’s Medical Spa please visit drqmedicalspa.com
Dr. Q receives patients from Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Beverly Hills CA, and other Southern California areas.