Skin Removal Surgery
Loose, inelastic, or sagging skin may occur in both women and men following a weight loss surgery. Aging effects and pregnancy may also cause the occurrence of excess hanging skin in some areas of the body. These unsightly skin folds may not only compromise your youthful, aesthetic look, but also cause discomfort, chafing, irritation, and frequent infections.
Skin removal surgery is a proven and effective solution to this problem. Your will recommend one or more cosmetic surgery procedures as part of your customized body contouring plan. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Suzanne Quardt (Dr. Q) provides skin removal surgery to patients in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Beverly Hills, CA, and surrounding locations.
Types of Skin Removal Surgeries
Your surgeon may advise one or more of the following plastic surgery procedures as part of your skin removal surgery plan:
- Tummy Tuck: Excess skin tissue in the abdominal area can be removed with a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty. The procedure may also involve tightening of underlying weak or separated muscles.
- Body Lift: Upper body lift or lower body lift or both can be performed to eliminate loose and hanging skin from various body parts. Procedures may include thigh lift, butt lift, arm lift and back lift.
- Body Contouring: Sometimes you may require a lower or upper body lift procedure along with liposuction body contouring surgery to achieve more even and natural looking results.
- Mommy Makeover: This is a comprehensive cosmetic surgery procedure designed to restore your pre-pregnancy figure. It may combine tummy tuck, body lift, and liposuction plastic surgery.
Candidacy for Skin Removal Surgery
Any healthy adult who is unhappy with the appearance of excess skin following a major weight loss, pregnancy or aging effects may be a candidate for skin removal surgery. It is important to ensure that your weight loss has stabilized before you go ahead with the surgery.
You should be prepared to quit smoking for at least a few weeks before and after the surgery to be a good candidate. If you are planning to get pregnant in the foreseeable future or are currently breastfeeding, you may not be a suitable candidate for skin removal surgery.
The steps involved in the skin removal surgery can slightly vary depending on the type of surgeries included in your customized plan. In general, your procedure will include the following steps:
- Administering of general anesthesia
- Creation of incisions in pre-determined, discreet locations
- Removal of loose skin through the incisions, sometimes along with liposuction
- Tightening and shaping of the skin, formation of desirable new contours, and re-draping of the skin smoothly over the area
- Incision closure with dissolvable sutures
- Covering the incision sites with bandages or a compression garment
Results and Recovery
With the removal of saggy and droopy skin folds, a firmer and more youthful body contour will be restored. The surgery may involve a downtime of about one week to 10 days, depending on the type of procedures involved. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Suzanne Quardt receives patients from Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Beverly Hills, CA, and nearby areas for skin removal surgery.
Schedule a Consultation with California Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Suzanne Quardt (Dr. Q on Dr. 90210)
To learn more about the plastic surgery treatments and procedures performed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Suzanne Quardt (Dr. Q) please contact us at 760-324-2660. To learn more about Dr. Q’s Medical Spa please visit drqmedicalspa.com
Dr. Q receives patients from Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Beverly Hills CA, and other Southern California areas.