The patient should undergo a detailed consultation with the surgeon of her choice prior to a breast augmentation cosmetic surgery procedure.
The consultation process allows the patient to share her aesthetic needs and expectations from the surgery with the surgeon.
Furthermore, the consultation offers the patient and the surgeon an opportunity to discuss key aspects such as shape, size, implant type, and incision placement. Successful board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Suzanne Quardt (Dr. Q) provides breast augmentation to patients in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, and surrounding communities in this part of the state.
Importance of the Pre-op Consultation
The pre-op consultation will lay the foundation for a successful breast augmentation plastic surgery. The surgeon will provide the patient with pre- and post-operative guidelines to help ensure a safe surgery and recovery. The patient should diligently follow these instructions to mitigate the risks of complications during or after the breast augmentation surgery.
The overall outcomes of the breast enhancement procedure will be impacted by the decisions a woman makes at the time of initial consultation. Therefore, it is vital that patients understand their options well prior to going ahead with the surgery.
During the pre-op consultation, a well-qualified and experienced cosmetic surgeon will explain in-depth every facet of the enhancement procedure in clear language that a patient can fully comprehend. They will thoroughly address any questions or concerns that the patient may have regarding the breast implant surgery.
Key Points of Discussion during Consultation
The patient should openly discuss various important aspects during the consultation process. Transparent and open communication will lead to a productive consultation process.
- What precisely about the appearance of the breasts is unsatisfactory to the patient? What are her reasons to consider breast implants?
- What are the expectations of the patient from the surgery, and what kind of results does she seek?
- Information regarding any pre-existing medical conditions, drug allergies, and past medical or surgical procedures.
- Details on all prescription and non-prescription drugs, herbal supplements, and vitamins that the patient presently takes.
- Smoking and drinking behaviors.
- Family or personal history of breast cancer.
- Reports of past biopsies or mammograms.
The surgeon will provide the patient with information regarding the risks and complications involved in breast augmentation cosmetic surgery to help them make a salient choice.
She may need to go through a detailed breast examination which includes measurements of breast shape and size, breast skin elasticity, skin type, and position and shape of the nipples and areolas. During the pre-operative consultation, the surgeon may also take pictures of the candidate’s breasts for record purposes.
Customized Surgical Planning
The surgeon will provide in-depth details to the patient about the various breast implant options available to her to help her make an informed decision. The surgeon and patient will discuss and finalize some of the below-mentioned aspects:
- Incision location
- Implant Placement over or underneath the pectoral muscle
- Choosing between silicone, saline, and gummy bear breast implants
- Smooth vs. textured implants
- Determining the implant size ranging from 120 cc to 960 cc
- Round vs. anatomical implant shape
Developing Realistic Expectations
The surgeon may show the patient before and after pictures of previous breast augmentation surgeries to enable them to develop realistic expectations from the surgery.
Committed cosmetic surgeon Dr. Q receives patients from Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, and other towns and suburbs in this area of California for breast augmentation surgery.
To learn more about the plastic surgery treatments and procedures performed by Dr. Suzanne Quardt (Dr. Q) please contact us at 760-324-2660. To learn more about Dr. Q’s Medical Spa please visit drqmedicalspa.com
Schedule a Consultation: (760) 537.4579